Gets suck in reverse

rochie

Hi can any one help

my R keep get suck in reverse. If you hold the gear sick about half way it is fine but
when you put it the whole way back it gets suck in there.

Now the fun bit the only way to get it out is to go about 40km in reverse and go on and off the gas while pushing the gear stick.
(with out the clutch in)
even turning it off wont allow it out.

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Broken reverse lockout spring in the gearbox, without it the mechanism cannot self return the idler gear for reverse.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Sounds expensive; box out and apart to fix it?
No the parts are cheap.

I've just had mine repaired after it got stuck in reverse.

However, Nissan redesigned the reverse selection mechanism at some point and the old parts will not accept the current Nissan OEM clips.
I found this when we were repairing mine, thankfully I had the updated mechanism in a box of spares and the gearbox could be put back together.

The older section system didn't accept the clips (they were too shallow) however the updated one did!

...if that makes sense?

splmum

No the parts are cheap.

I've just had mine repaired after it got stuck in reverse.

However, Nissan redesigned the reverse selection mechanism at some point and the old parts will not accept the current Nissan OEM clips.
I found this when we were repairing mine, thankfully I had the updated mechanism in a box of spares and the gearbox could be put back together.

The older section system didn't accept the clips (they were too shallow) however the updated one did!

...if that makes sense?
Pics would have been priceless, oh well, it's probably all back together now.

Last edited: