GEMS ECU's?

R

Rab

Anyone had any experience with these? I saw one fitted and mapped to a m8's scooby and I was wondering if any of yous have used them?

They do include tthe pulsar, and Steve Simpson reckons on about 1400 quid fitted and mapped. It seemed to have loads of features, and compared to the price of a MoTeC it's fairly cheap. I think.

Anyways, any views you have! Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Rab said:
Anyone had any experience with these? I saw one fitted and mapped to a m8's scooby and I was wondering if any of yous have used them?

They do include tthe pulsar, and Steve Simpson reckons on about 1400 quid fitted and mapped. It seemed to have loads of features, and compared to the price of a MoTeC it's fairly cheap. I think.

Anyways, any views you have! Cheers!
the guy that mapped my power fc swears by them.think he mentioned something about changing from a maf sensor to a map sensor tho.power fc will also be good enough as i`ve just discovered.worked out to be approx £1100 fitted and mapped.does require some form of boost controller.don`t know if the gems comes with a boost controller.

R

Rab

The Gems controls boost itself I beleive, and it also bins the MAF sensor.

And for 1300 fitted and mapped it's not bad..... Time to do some investigation!

R

Rab

Ahh, yes. Um, what features does the motec give? And do you know how much it costs fitted and mapped?

Can you run anti-lag of the motec? Cheers! :D

O

Odin

Yep mine has anti lag and launch control as well as traction control
data logging and all that kind of thing, I haven't got the anti lag turned
on yet but I will do when I fit my new turbo and the traction control
needs 4 extra wheel sensers to work.

As for cost it was £2700 fitted and mapped with boost control valve
and 3 bar map sensor.

The motec unit it's self is about £1400 then there was £700 for fitting
and mapping and the rest is the 3 bar map sensor and boost control
valve oh and the link lead was £175 as well.

regards rob

A

antilag

link ecu's and autronics too dont forget mark at ma developements will bropable tell u that autronics is close to motec for a fraction of the cost and he has fitted quite a few autronics now i went out in a 470hp evo with his autronics on and the car felt good and wats more it has antilag which sounds the same but doesnt damage the turbo as much ......

R

Rab

Hmmmmmmmmm, so much stuff to think about! I'll have a phone round to see whats what..

A

Anonymous

Ok, how about costs (fitted and mapped) and opinon on the different options available.

Dunc

A

Anonymous

Duncan said:
Ok, how about costs (fitted and mapped) and opinon on the different options available.

Dunc
power fc with gti-r map is approx £900 from simon norris.iirc it`s £2-300 for the mapping.if you`re anywhere near dundee,the dentist will do it for £250 cash :wink: .you will need either a seperate boost controller or a boost control module.
i don`t have any experience with any of the other ecu`s but it`s difficult to put into words just how good the fc is.it`s so very,very smooth you`d never believe it`s a tuned motor.it`s certainly the best £1100 i`ve ever spent and sam is very pleased with the performance he`s managed to get out of the car.
sam does prefer the gems ecu tho.it is a bit dearer and takes a bit more fitting but he does prefer it to any other ecu on the market but i can only assume that every ecu mapper will have their own favourite ecu.

S

samellio

When i was at AVA rolling road they said they could supply a link ecu, fit it and map my car on the rollers for around £900(700 for ecu 200 for mapping). They suggested it would be a good mod for my standard sunny as it starts to pink over 1 bar..
Anyone know how the link ecu compares to others?
Cheers,
Sam

R

Rab

AVA? I thought they were dead against mapping???!! :? :roll:

Anyyywaaaay....

R

Rab

Right, after corresponding with Steve Simpson, the GEMS engine managment fitted and mapped is £1495.

He is also going to try and develop a MAP based system, to get rid of the AFM sometime in the new year, which may work out slightly more expensive. I think, after seeing the man work, that this will be my choice of system. Class!