gearbox

saddler

Hi looked at a very nice car with Highly mods on it.. the only problem is the gearbox has failed what is the cost for a new gearbox and i would say a new clutch put in also all fitted ?? and also any link to a place i can buy ??
Regards
sdl

O

Odin

A good second box will cost you about £250 or rebuilding yours will be around £600 I'd of thought depending on what's broken, And yes I'd always fit a new clutch unless it was pretty newish, And that's going to set you back anything from £200 to £400 depending on what you go for.

Rob

EVOBAD

second hand box £300ish but u might be better fixing the box in it then u no u got a good one as for clutch organic fast road range between £250-400 ££,as for price to fit them it could be anything a freind of mine just had his third gear done plus fitted clutch for £250 but expect to pay ell of a lot more

O

Odin

I had my quaife rebuilt along with my transfer box for £700 a few years ago by Bernie at CTS, That was just bearings though.

You might be better either looking around for a second hand quaife or finding out what's wrong with yours, And then maybe ask the members for any of the broken bits you need, That will at least save getting ass rapped by Nissan for new gears.

Rob

EVOBAD

& dont take your car to nissan or the bill will be more than the car is worth ,dont buy a strd clutch either