Gearbox

gunmetalgtir

How would I find out what gearbox is in my car? Beacause 1st to 4th seems quite short with a really long 5th gear. I thought it could be the nismo box, but I havent drove any other pulsars to find out if the gear ratios r the same. Is there any way that I could check what box is it?

Cheers,

Grant

Dooie Pop Pop

post what (theoretical) speeds you get when you change gear at 7500rpm. how many revs does it drop when you change up?

should tell you what you need to know :wink:

gunmetalgtir

cheers m8, I'll take note of the speed n revs later on when I'm on my way home frm work! Wots the speed/revs when u change frm 1st to 2nd etc on a standard gearbox?

Dooie Pop Pop

i can hit 67 in 2nd, 90ish in third and 125 in forth

thats with a quaife close ratio box.

i thought you could do over 70 in 2nd on a standard box :?

my revs drop about 900 between shifts, i thought standard was about 1500rpm.

looks like you might have something a little different there :? :p

gunmetalgtir

ano coz I thought I only had a goose n a filter, but the rollin road printout the guy gave me (canny mind wot station it was rr'd at) sed it was 298bhp wae 347ibs/ft! Strange for jst a goose n a filter! :?

MarkTurbo

gunmetalgtir said:
it was 298bhp wae 347ibs/ft! Strange for jst a goose n a filter! :?
Thats definatly more than a goose and air filter, its probably just had the boost upped a bit :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

torque figure seems a little high.

does it have a front mount intercooler?

have you got any picks of the engine /tubby?

can you please type in plain English, reading that text shit pisses me off bigtime :(

MarkTurbo

I doubt it, you can get that sort of power with just an air filter, exhaust, and a bit more boost.

If you havent already got one get a decent boost gauge (the standard one is crap :lol: ) and check what boost your running :wink:

gunmetalgtir

Its just got a standard t28 with a top mount on it. Thats how I'm wondering how the last owner managed to get such good results with it!

gunmetalgtir

ano i thought 347 was very VERY optimistic! :roll: Change in2 5th about 120ish n I've had it at 145 in 5th (on a private track of course :wink: ) with the revs sitting jst under 6k.

geoff pine

is this a back to standard car, could be the result of unlimited boost :oops: is this car a fresh import :? if not what does the last owner have to say .

gunmetalgtir

The car was imported in 1999 standard, so I'm led to believe. The previous owner lived down the road from me and had the car for 6 years. Everyone says he never drove it fast, serviced it every 2500miles and only done 5000miles a year in it. So he took very good care of it! :lol: He only told me about the goose and the filter mods wise. I bought it off of him about 9 months ago, and its been running fine. Dont think its running unlimited boost, I hope! :shock:

geoff pine

if it was afresh import then unlimited boost could have been posable as mine was imported runing unlimited boost for 4 months before hiteq spotted it and sorted it out. now runs just under 1 bar and did 209 bhp at the wheels at the gtiroc rr day 194 ibs of torque with a nissan close/ratio box.