gearbox!

niklock1

Gave her a bit of a boot last night and when i got to 3 rd hats where it stayed, the gearstick moves to all the right places and even puts the reverse lights on but its stuck in third is it worth fixing or should i just buy another box?? any HOW TO info on removing it would b usefull too to c weather i can be bother with it any more ? Loving the car hating the problems might get a cheep scooby lol :oops:

niklock1

i think the clutch would have gone first if it was dodgey its a helix paddle. i think 400 pound of tourque was just too much for the box and money is tight so i will probably have to put the same in again lol :oops:

S

scobbyslayer

Mine woz stuck in 3rd and it woz a gearbox rebulid time..

J

jiw

take off the position sensor and shine a torch up, you will see the gates for the selector mechanism, with the stick in neutral all three of the gates should be in line, if they are not try nudging them in line with a screwdriver and refit oil etc and try again, could be misaligned selectors......

If not its buggered

ex-gtir

jiw said:
take off the position sensor and shine a torch up, you will see the gates for the selector mechanism, with the stick in neutral all three of the gates should be in line, if they are not try nudging them in line with a screwdriver and refit oil etc and try again, could be misaligned selectors......

If not its buggered
agree
worth taking off the casing and seeing if just missaligned couple of hours at most
had a few boxs that have been dropped and fell into gear fitted to car and sticks in neutral but cr stuck in first