Gearbox

A

Anonymous

rebuilding my pulsar after i blu the engine (only a bit!!) and was wondering what gearbox i should go for looking at pushing 500 ponies

A

Anonymous

My advice would be a Quaife item pending on full spec of the car i.e not just bhp figures but also what kind of torque your pushing aswell! Alsopending what kind of appilication you want to use it for i.e such as a fast road car quarter mile beast or top speed monster!

www.gearboxman.com is a good start ( I apologise if the link doesnt work) but Bernie is the only guy I can think of that can do boxes that last with good back up aswell incase something goes wrong :D

A

Anonymous

spec

looking at 4 n half pounds per foot a torque at moment and taking car to pod every year so wont max on quarter mile

A

Anonymous

Spec

Noble m 12 throttle body, standard ones removed. Inlet flowed on match. 3bar map sensor, Either gt30 or3037 turbo. Tubular manifold, remove waste. 600 cc inj, group a fuel pump. mongoose ex. Forged pistons balanced to rods. a r p bolt kit. HKS head gasket. Lightened an balanced bottom. highly mod front mount. platinum plugs. twin spark pack. omex 700 with motor sport loom. ported head with 3 angle valves HKS cams verniers if available?