gearbox oil fill hole

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Front face.
A funnel with a long flexi bottom bit, going in from the top (left side of battery area) or a long piece of old hosepipe and go in through the right hand side of the radiator both work for me. (hosepipe method now I have a front mount)

J

jpward

the chief said:
where is it on the box? as i need to fill it back up.
cheers
You only used finding the hole with some flour then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the chief

what do i use to open the hole with? as the drain plug uses a 3/8 square ratchet but the top plug uses something abit small?(and the small size ratchet is to small)

J

jpward

A 13mm Drain plug is what you need as most drain plugs are 13mm

But some cheep scates on here use the 1/2" ratchet bar which is 12.5mm so is a little smaller and if tight could mess up!

Draper do them DPK4 come with a bar but you use them with 19mm 1/2 drive socket or ratchet spanner and they will stand abuse like a 600mm pullbar and you swinging on the end :lol: :lol:

the chief

the plugs use just the ratchet without a socket on it, the 3/8 fits the drain plug but is abit to big to fit the top one.

J

jpward

the chief said:
the plugs use just the ratchet without a socket on it, the 3/8 fits the drain plug but is abit to big to fit the top one.
Thats the cheep ones problem with them is that on some cars as in our Diff filler you cant get the ratcet on so it has a hex end to which you can fit a spanner or 19mm socket on or use the little t bar that comes with it ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jpward

the chief said:
you sayin i use cheap plastic £4.99 for 150 piece tools!:)
No no just enlightening as to what i use and is proven :lol: