Gearbox Help Wanted Detent Springs Part Numbers

Morning all. I have recently rebuild my gearbox as I had a snapped 3/4th selector. All back together and moving round a car park it got stuck in 2nd gear. I pulled the box and inspected with nothing obvious a miss! Back together and again in a car park selecting from 1st to reverses got stuck in 2nd. I have managed to get it back to neutral by removing the detent spring and ball bearing then moving the selector shaft. I suspect the spring to be at fault although it looks ok. Am after the part numbers for the spring and ball bearing so I can order. If anybody has theses?? Or any other advice to what it could be would be much appreciated. Cheers.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think someone else had a similar problem that was a detent spring or similar not quite in place, so you're on the right track.

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
The detent bolts in the case are 2 different lengths and also the springs can bind deforming them...check carefully...also there is detents in the bellhousing side..if you have got those and the pin wrong in the selector shaft it can lock in gear.