gearbox breather pipe

S

si.c R

Can someone tell me where the gearbox breather pipe is located. I think mine is leaking as i cant see the oil coming from anywhere else and it appears to be from higher up in the engine area. I know its gearbox oil as i only changed it recently and it is still very clean.
The breather pipe i believe is supposed to clip under the intercooler which is where it used to but after the car went into a garage for some work it is no longer there :shock:

geetee

It attaches to the ... um.. gearbox

then winds it's way up to be clipped to the underside of the TMIC frame.

Unless you're a plank like me and plumb it into your dump valve when reassembling - then u get gearbox oil sucked into the inlet tract - loads of white smoke and oil spewing out of the DV at high pressure :oops:

ahem

Cheers
GeeTee

8)

S

si.c R

Is it easy to spot from the engine bay as i had a look underneath yesturday but couldnt see any pipes coming from the gearbox :?: Maybe i'm just blind i will have another look.

geetee

yeh it's easy enuff to spot it.

it's about the only pipe in there that is bent into a U shape at the top.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

S

si.c R

Right this is really starting to drive me mad now :evil: I have looked everywhere and still cant spot this pipe. I have removed my intercooler to get a better look but still no joy. Does anyone know exactly where the pipe starts, I know its from the gearbox but where abouts :?:

kyepan

yep..

if you look down at the gearbox you can see the top of it, flat ish and about a foot square.. now the induction hose that travels from the airfilter right to left.. follow that down.. and where the recirculationg pipe for the dump valve joins the intake. look behind there.. there should be a hose travelling front to back, kinda entwined bout 1 inch in diameter.. the breather starts at the top of the front of the box, goes under the induction hose travelling back and then up the side of the block to stop just under the top of the indercooler..

S

si.c R

Thanks for the speedy replies :) Sounds straight forward enough i will go and have another look.

S

si.c R

Looks like the to$$ers in the garage never refitted the pipe. I can see where it should be but it aint there :evil: Anyone know where i can get hold of a new pipe or does anyone have the part number?

J

jasegould

Any bit of pipe that fits will do, just use flexible pipe so that you can bend it over and cabletie it off