gearbox and engine mounts

think they've expired! gearbox and linkage jumps about if i let off or accelarate harsh.

where can buy them? how much are they from nissan.

take it these can be changed if i support the engine and box while there off?

cheers

crag

Wouldnt bother with the nissan ones mate, Try powerflex think they are now doing the polybush full engine mount set.

nismoboy

new stock mounts will do fine, its normally down to age these fail, poly bushed mounts are gd but will make the car vibrate.

youngsyp

nismoboy said:
new stock mounts will do fine, its normally down to age these fail, poly bushed mounts are gd but will make the car vibrate.
Agreed. If you go for the poly engine and gearbox mounts, the car will be horrible to live with.
A good compromise would be stock engine and gearbox mounts and poly bushed front and rear engine buffers.
If you still find the stock mounts too soft, you could fill the holes in them with silicon sealant. That'll provide extra stiffness but, won't add any extra NVH.

Paul

O

owens

as above ive known people to just replace the mounts with standard mounts and use stikaflex (spelling may be wrong) to fill and strengthen the mount, if the mount has lasted this long i dont expect your going to need an uprated bush unless the engine is under extreme stress