gear selection

gtir_pimp

this has happened about 4 times now in 4 months. when i have gone to select 1st gear it feels like its in but when i lift the clutch pedal up just a bit past biteing point to pull away, the car has gone no-where like the car is stuck and if you drop the revs and lift the clutch pedal up it will stall just like its in gear and you dont give enough revs. then it can be quite hard to get it out of whatever postion its in! i do have a heavy/uprated clutch.
whats the problem?
also very rarely, it doesnt always want to go in 1st, so i take my foot off the clutch pedal and push it down again and its fine. is this the selector fork? And would it have anything to do with the above problem?!
any checks i can do?
thanks

G

gtirbhp

check your clutch pedal (put your head under steering column) and look for any wear on the pedal mount. Just worth a try as a friends R over a period of time was doing that and then one day he went to change from first into second gear and the clutch pedal became unmounted! After a weld job everything was up and running with no problems selecting gears..

Just my half cent! good luck

davey red.r

i had excactly the same thing happen to me the odd time,on my old box,
when pulling away seemed like you were pulling away in 3rd,:?
never did find out what it was,had no more probs since having the quaiffe fitted,
anyone any ideas what it could of been:?

davey;-)

davey red.r

that makes no sense what so ever:doh:
regarding his car not pulling away properly on the odd occasion.
and the spellings tewibble.:lol: