GEAR BOX PROBLEMS !!! HELp

A

Anonymous

when giving my car some..was in 3rd gear dropped to second put foot down changed to 3rd it would nt go in...loads of noises tried to go into 4th same thing. pulled over.went to go again and the same thing happned again. 3rd and 4th gear are not working at all!

paz

Sounds fucked :( :wink:

Try a gearbox oil change and see if you get lots of bits of metal out with the oil.

Paz

A

Anonymous

how come only 3rd and 4 th have gone. Do you think the gear box has had it

paz

It sounds like you've stripped 3rd - never had it personally but from what others have described. Either that or you could have mangled the selector fork I suppose, but it tends to be worse case scenario with the R gearbox :roll: :(

I did read one thing, think it was a chap called Stoned, that had something different happen to his 5th gear meaning he couldn't use it, but the 3rd/4th gears on the R tend to be the ones to go first.

Paz

O

Odin

sounds like 3rd/4th selector fork to me, it's a common problem :cry: .

rob

MarkTurbo

vpulsar said:
sounds like 3rd/4th selector fork to me, it's a common problem :cry:
I reckon its that too :wink: The same thing broke on my first box and smashed most of the gearbox internals to pieces :evil:

pete-r

Fire & skill said:
pete-r said:
just out of interest,how much would a new selector fork cost?approx..
its not just that mate - you'll need the box stripped out as well :cry: :cry:
Im just trying to get an idea of cost if i was to strip everything myself.Looks pretty complex but i reckon i could rebuild it if it comes to it.

MarkTurbo

Stripping it is the easy part :lol: Its just remembering where it all goes when it comes to putting it back together :? :wink:

MarkTurbo

pete-r said:
Ill just have to wait and see if it takes the new power then :lol:
Thats what i'm waiting to find out too :? I've done 30 miles so far after i rebuilt the box and all is good 8) Better go and find a large piece of wood to touch now :lol: