Gear Box Oil

Hi,

Im doin a gearbox, rear diff and transfer box oil change next weekend when i underseal her, will be using Red Line MT-90 for everything, whats the average price for this oil??

I went to Demon Tweaks online, there not far from me, bout 10 mile, and its £68.88 for 7 litres, this about right??

Also when doing this oil change, Ive read on another post about checking the oil fill plugs undo before draining any oil to make sure you can undo them, do I need any seals on the drain and fill plugs??

Thanks in advance,

Gaz

J

jasegould

MT - 90 is approx £10 a litre, so thats prob the going rate

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The manual says to seal the thread, (there's no o-rings or anything) but I didn't bother :oops: and I aren't leaking.

S

stomski

britishrallying said:
Hi,

Im doin a gearbox, rear diff and transfer box oil change next weekend when i underseal her, will be using Red Line MT-90 for everything, whats the average price for this oil??

I went to Demon Tweaks online, there not far from me, bout 10 mile, and its £68.88 for 7 litres, this about right??

Also when doing this oil change, Ive read on another post about checking the oil fill plugs undo before draining any oil to make sure you can undo them, do I need any seals on the drain and fill plugs??

Thanks in advance,

Gaz

thats about right for the oil mate, not cheap as chips but only the best for our little rockets :D

oilman

You could always consider the Silkolene Syn 5 75w-90, equal to the Redline, if not better and cheaper too. £8.99 a liter.

Cheers

Guy.