gear box oil difference

Godzilla

hey all iv noticed that my gear changes ghet harder the wamer the oil gets as from cold she is easier to change gear, any chance it just needs topping up or even got wrong oil in it , it had millers fully synthetic 75w90 in 05 but the guy has not mentioned what oil was put in its last gear box oil change in jan 08 and as the latest one was done in october it just says in my little service book 10/40 engine oil and lucas oil so not sure wether its lucas oil in the gear box. anyone help

P

pulsarboby

its a possibility! try checking the oil level by removing the filler / level plug.
could also be a faulty clutch or clutch mechanism, you will need to carry out some checks on that first, ie is the clutch release arm moving across to its full extent and releasing the drive plate?

Godzilla

managed it mate thanks for replying anyway , it was the clutch pedal needed adjusting from the how-to section as both the lock nut on the rod to cylinder and lock nut for pedal were both loose now its fine .

steve963

Mine gets harder to put in gear the warmer the oil, cant see the clutch pedal having anything to do with it

Godzilla

i think its a bit of both as its now alot easier to change gear but still not super smooth like my fto was.

there was not much biting point on the clutch as the rod was so loose so now i have at least some biting point but needs to be adjusted ever so slightly .

steve963, do u no what causes this warmer oil/harder to shift thing.

Last edited:

steve963

Im sorry I dont, I getting a bit worried about my car now incase clutch suddenly engages in traffic! ie the clutch fork suddenly gives way

maybe its worn syncros what are doin it, but I dont know much about this subject

Godzilla

mine had a new ap racing clutch and new gear box before i bought it so hopefully cant be anything worn on mine we will see though