gauges n apexi query?

huu-raa

hi there over xmas i plan to get myself the safc and avcr as the next stage upgrade for my r now i was planning on fitting one in the centre air vents and one where the stock gauges are................

but i have been told if i disconnect the stock gauges the car wont run? ............

if it is possible for one to sit in the vents and on where the stock gauges are how would i go about disconnecting the gauges? and will they be ok like that?

cheers

mattygti-r

the guages wont work if you disconnect them its just a plug

dont see the point in putting the avcr there, 2 very important guages oil pressure and oil temp. (unless your getting aftermarket ones at same time)

bin the Apexi and buy an emanage instead

get a blitz or small boost controller not the apexi "brick" and you can keep the gauges where htey are and tuck the boost controller somewhere out of the way

unless your really only buing them due to them being "blue" and "flashy"

chavs love em and id give you about 2months before someone robs em

to disconnect the stock guages, just take the surround out, and unscrew the 3 din unit pulls straight out

huu-raa

cool , ive got some defi gauge in order proberly pillar mount these so i can still keep an eye on the vitals ect
not so much the bling factor the more features the apexi have gain controls and duty settings seem far better compared to the equivelent controllers

allthought i am giving the emanage a good think about.......... wot else is needed the injector and ignition harnesses?