Gauge interest in Custom Exhaust Manifold by ENDLESS-R

T

th3k3ymast3r

Interested in Custom Exhaust Manifold for the R

Hello Everyone,

Been in contact with a colleague I buy some parts from in Japan (Rick). He works in ENDLESS-R and has a parts request thread in the traders section of the GTR.co.uk forum.

They've rolled out a new manifold product which looks like:

So anyways I've asked him if he would do one for the GTiR SR20DET and his response:

Re the manifolds, I asked Sugino san, he said the problem with the 4 cylinder turbo manifolds, is they nearly always crack, even with turbo supports. Many tuners in Japan avoid making them, as the users complain about the cracks....he said many companies have tried to solve the 4 cylinder custom manifold problem, and failed. We could make them with thicker sus, but the cost could be high, how many do you think would sell?

We also make a Twin Turbo manifold for the SR20, we have a new drag SR20 silvia, made over 600ps @ 1.9bar from the twin TD05 Turbos....testing it this Sunday.

That may also be an option for pulsar owners running a drag set up.
So my question would be who'd be interested?
At this point its all about numbers - he can then cost it accordingly.
If you have any further queries let me know.
The purchase and delivery would be direct with ENDLESS-R and not by me, I'm only putting the forum in touch so to speak. I'm assuming the more the buyers the cheaper the product becomes, by cheap I don't mean quality though! :)

From history, Rick has always been reliable and the deliveries have been pretty quick but don't take my word for it you can check the trader threads.

If this becomes a reality, I'll start a new thread in the appropriate section.

Oh I also asked him about the HKS Full Counter kit and the price came back Y468,956.00 about £2277.86 if you're interested - that includes paypal fee and delivery. Just thought I'd share that too.

Regards,
Leigh

Last edited by a moderator:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
An HKS Twin Turbo GTiR running in the region of 700bhp was done about 15 years ago..

RC Developements have now developed a Twin Turbo setup for the EVO's..

I doubt its something many people where would persue just now..

T

th3k3ymast3r

RishiGTiR said:
An HKS Twin Turbo GTiR running in the region of 700bhp was done about 15 years ago..

RC Developements have now developed a Twin Turbo setup for the EVO's..

I doubt its something many people where would persue just now..
Fair enough, well its an open ended gauge, just trying to get some decent manifold builds better than those made available on ebay. The HKS kit was just another piece of info I got at the same time. Its not really a time pressured response as they've only just produced the manifolds for the RB.

It was interesting to find out why many tuners don't produce them in the first place.
Are there any local suppliers the forum recommends getting one custom made? Finding good quality ones are quite scarce and the poor ones plentiful.

Rishi

AAS will make you a custom one for reasonable money.. Mine never cracked either..

L

levin

good idea on the endless manifold thing
however aftermarket stainless manifolds dont only crack on 4cylinders, on skyline RB engines its just the same, even with trust greddy manifolds

CruiseGTi-R

People don't engineer the appropriate bracing, thats all.

The day I see a manifold kit which includes bracing is the day I swap out my oe one.

Rishi

CruiseGTi-R said:
People don't engineer the appropriate bracing, thats all.

The day I see a manifold kit which includes bracing is the day I swap out my oe one.

The AAS one comes with Bracing.. But its all custom made..

T

th3k3ymast3r

Had an email from Stuart from AAS, I'll probably drive up once the tuners are finished with the drivetrain. Good opportunity to run-in the new turbo. Do you guys know how long the whole process takes? Will I need to camp out or B&B?

T

th3k3ymast3r

Full-Race.com ProStock Turbo Manifold

Following on from this thread, I've found these babies @ $999

Could anyone tell by these pictures whether the welding any good?

Optional Extras
HPC Coating 1300 deg. Aluminum + $159
HPC Coating 1600 deg. Black + $199

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
the full race team make some of the best custom manifolds in the business, nice chaps to deal with as well.

I

irishjohn

those tig wedls are works of art..when i was building turboed 16v vdubs years ago we made our own manifolds from 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 " weld els..this is very thick and easy to weld as it is mild steel..i made 20 or so and sold them on ebay and never had one crack..these were top mount so had more strain on them than bottom mount manifolds...get some steel and start welding..i may make one for my car when i fit my 3071..if i do i'll post pics while making it.