gaskets/parts.. advice please

• Thread starter mynheers_a_pint
  • Start date
M

mynheers_a_pint

Having done a spot of research i am currently trying to decide the correct corse of action. I have just received a fresh built engine but it needs final assembly. I figure if i'm going to keep this car for a while getting stuck in and learning how to taske it appart and put it back together is a good idea, so start from the ground and work up i guess! :lol:

Anyhoo, i have a short shopping lsit of parts and my usual sources aren't coming up trumps so i have gone further afield but do not want to buy rubbish. Having said that, i'm pretty skint after the initial engine purchance so i don't want to go mad. it is a fresh built stadnard engine with the usual bits uprated. I'm not looknig to go bonkers so standard spec gaskets and head bolts are more than adiquate.

Now asside from gonig to Nissan and being lined up for dissapointment (useless local dealer) can anyone recommend a good source for the following;
Gasket set (full)
Head bolts

I figure that Nissan head blots are probably my only option but what about patern gaskets? Egay produced the following;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=270147920918&Category=10402null&_trksid=p3907.m29

Too good to be true? Would it be worth buying that kit, ditching the head gasket and buying a gen nissan one?

Also is shimming a head a nissan only task or can any engineering firm carry it out?

Thanks in advance.

GTIR-LOZ

it would be best after spending all that money on the new engine to not put cheap shitty gaskets on it, buy the nissan engine gasket set from ericsperformanceparts on ebay it also comes with sealant for the sump etc, he can also supply you with arp head bolts/ main studs etc if you require them if its a forged engine and you plan to run big power then get a metal headgasket hks or something reputable look in the links section i ordered mine from greenline

you can shim the head yourself pulsarbobby has a nice trick to do or you can order the shims from nissan like myself and wait a few months for them! all you need to measure them is a calculator, a micrometer and some feeler blades