FUNNY BANGING NOISE

A

Anonymous

hi

Im having that banging noise whenn driving over spped bumps at low speed from the rear.At first it sounded like the bootlid was open and just shut .Replaced leaking rear suspension(GABS)Also changed rear struts but theres like a this noise as if someone hit the boot floor with a hammer.What could it be changed those few items but its annoying me.I know definately its from the boot area.Can anyone advise me?Sounds like its suspension related

E

Edd

joeytribianni said:
hi

Im having that banging noise whenn driving over spped bumps at low speed from the rear.At first it sounded like the bootlid was open and just shut .Replaced leaking rear suspension(GABS)Also changed rear struts but theres like a this noise as if someone hit the boot floor with a hammer.What could it be changed those few items but its annoying me.I know definately its from the boot area.Can anyone advise me?Sounds like its suspension related
have you ever thought about just letting the kids go? :shock:
It's illegal to lock kids in your boot, can't blame them for wanting to be let out :wink: :x

A

Anonymous

Hmmm never thought of exhaust months.Is there anychance it could be the bushes for the rear roll bars?As shown is nick goodalls diagram?

G

gotoinstant-redline

yep.. could be any of the bushes.. but you would be able to see them all cracked and warn if it was..

check the bolts that hold the subframe to the under side of the car..
err check the spare wheel! this could be lose and jumping about.
fuel tank?? not sure how its fixed down there.
fuel filler pipe?
some one has already said it.. exhaust
wheel bearing?
cv joint?
rear bumper?
ummmm

dunno. thats quite a good list to be getting on with..

oh the standard jack?

L.

G

GTI-R Kid

I took mine off altogether when i fitted the Mongoose. Didn't need it so got rid of a little more weight. :)

Never worked loose on me before that though fortunately. :wink:

skiddusmarkus

Probably needs a full rearend rebuild with HKS 3240(mm) chassis and Motec fuel pump wires :lol: .

My heatshield used to knock with the Mongoose,so I removed it.

A

Anonymous

I check the should the only way really it to take each part out drive the car and use the elimination process.Defo not the jack or wheel as I had a friend sitin the boot whilst I was driving.

mr redline

Is the fuel tank just bolted on?Dont know much on

Wheel bearing? Ill try jacking car up and see if theres any give with the wheel bearing.Shoould it make any noise when nackered?

cv joint?Nope car was just MOT'd

Rear bumper?Cant be it was a loud bang.My best bet is probs the bushes but is it common for these to go on sunnys?

Mr Skidmore have you been inhaling optimax from your local shell station? :wink:

Edd When are up at Hiteq want to make sure I buy Ian a shotgun to shoot you with :D :D

nickg123

CV Joint would be more of a clicking sound......

I'd say it was the bushes - i had mine replaced on my front Roll Bar at the weekend, all the banging noise from the front has gone, although one of the wishbones was loose so it could have been that!

Either way it does sound like bushes to me, they're the only thing that really stop the roll bar/wishbones from banging against the chassis etc