Full Poly Bush + Drop link set.

scottyd

When i took my car in to Tom Fergusons i asked Steve if he would recommend any improvements/upgrades for my R. He suggested that i get a full poly bush and drop link set and he said he would supply the parts and fit them for £500. (£300 for parts and £200 labour)

Just wanted to know if this is a good deal.

Thanks,
Scott.

O

Odin

scottyd said:
When i took my car in to Tom Fergusons i asked Steve if he would recommend any improvements/upgrades for my R. He suggested that i get a full poly bush and drop link set and he said he would supply the parts and fit them for £500. (£300 for parts and £200 labour)

Just wanted to know if this is a good deal.

Thanks,
Scott.

It's not an easy job matey, All of those bushes will be murder to replace, So £500 all in seems good to me ;-) .

Rob

scottyd

Thanks for the fast reply, Steve seemed a real canny guy when i was talking to him, knew his stuff, and after servicing my car he could only find one problem with it............a hairline crack on the downpipe bracket which he is sorting out on friday.

I had a look at his car while i was there too, very very nice car he has. I asked him if he had any gearbox issues as i know its one of the weaker aspects of the car, and he said he has had no problems whatsoever for as long as he has been racing it, he is running a quaife too and 450bhp.

Also, he was very helpful..........and patient, as when i tried to pull my car off the ramps, i stalled it and the car wouldn't start again as it flooded:doh: . He had to remove the spark plugs and let them dry a bit before they would work again, and in the mean time, put his spark plugs in my car so i could let the car warm up before he put mine back in. (i felt such a fool). But apparently HKS spark plugs are murder once they get drenched by flooding of the engine compared to the likes of NGK, which he said would probably be best for me to use for regular use. Well i suppose it is still the learning period for me..............

Last edited:

Dan_GTiR

Steve is a top fella. He has done all the buches and suspension on my R and was very pleased with the result.

He's the only person I'll let work on my car, he knows what he's doing 100%.

Dan.

D

deslynam

It's a reasonable price, but get a list of which parts you'll be getting beforehand, as the different manufacturers offer different options.