fueling.

alan XFS

Hi all I just bought a gtir and I think its over fueling. I have a hks afr adjuster on it to so I turned it down a few notches and it seems a bit better....when I fill the tank I get a really strong smell of fresh petrol....are the tanks bad for leaking....also today I tries to wire in a fuel to air ratio gauge..my lives and earth is fine but I dont know what wire to connect to the lamba. Does anyone know what wire off the lamda sensor is the sendor? Also can I ask wht type of millage you's all get to a full tank? Thanks alan

Animaldaz

Depending on the spec of your car an afr adjuster may not be necessary. Standard fuel system/map with an uprated pump cope quite well. You need to get yours on the rollers, I certainly wouldn't go willy nilly adjusting that thing as it could all end in tears.
Fuel lines etc can leak so you need to get underneath to check that out. I would have a look under the inspection cover in the boot too. Could also be a breather problem, they are tied in with the carbon canister (if it's still present)
Are you trying to use the standard narrowband lambda? If so don't bother, wideband is the only way to go for keeping an eye on afr's.

alan XFS

i dunno what lamda is on it....engine is seemingly fored runnin a hks induction kit, hks dump valve,some kind of funky ecu, hks ARF, down pipe back exhaust system , i think also a stainless down pipe, bigger top mount intercooler (so im told) , a garrett gt28 turbo and has power out puts of roughly 355bhp and well its definetly overfueling as im getting like 120 miles to tank driving like a 60 yr old :( how can i tell if its a wide band lambda or not? also just incase it is what one of the three wires is the sendor wire?
Thanks Alan

vss irvine

bring it up and ill get a look at it for you mate, im not far from you.

i live just outside ayr and my workshops in irvine