fueling and injectors

nismoboy

Once my new engine has been run in i want to run 1.2 bar on the stardard tubby ive got a bosch uprated fuel pump and stardard injectors and a unnip.At what horse power level do the standard injectors max out? and do u think my set up will be able to fuel 1.2 bar of boost or will i need bigger injectors? im looking to get about 350bhp. cheers

nismoboy

My new engine has had quite a bit of work ie hks cams,pistons gas flowed head etc. i dont want to use a fuel regulator i`d rather upgrade the injectors. just wondered if id get away with standards?

E

Edd

you wont know until you get it mapped but the injectors might max out due to the effieciney and extra power created due to cams, headwork etc
you might need bigger injecotrs, you might not , depends how good your injectors are now

A

antilag

well im running close to 400hp and have standard injectors but a fuel pressure reg :wink:

B

bean

antilag said:
well im running close to 400hp and have standard injectors but a fuel pressure reg :wink:
An adjustable one I assume cos the R has a normal one as standard :wink:

B

bean

To calculate injector flow capacity:

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0102

Just done quick bit of math' So if the injectors for a GTIR are 440cc using the rough guidelines on the Autospeed article:

440/5 = 80bhp per injector, multiply that by four and you get a maximum of 352bhp at 100% duty cycle.

Although it's not recommended running above 85% duty cycle on an injector, this also assumes normal base fuel pressure.