fuel

gtirmouse

i know ur only supposed to run shell optimax or bp ultimate, but can u run normal unleaded with octain booster? :?

Moved to regular maintenance - FAST GUY

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You'll need to put a fair old bit in to raise it to 97/98 octane, by which time you'd have been cheaper buying SUL or Optimax anyway :?

A

Anonymous

gtirmouse said:
i know ur only supposed to run shell optimax or bp ultimate, but can u run normal unleaded with octain booster? :?

Moved to regular maintenance - FAST GUY
if you are running with std boost,just get it set up for normal unleaded.it will save you a bit on petrol and you`ll only lose 7 bhp,which you`ll never miss.

geetee

Any reason you can't do this with increased boost?

I'd guess not as long as you get it properly setup to ensure no DET...

But then is it worth it??

Cheers
GeeTee

A

Anonymous

geetee said:
Any reason you can't do this with increased boost?

I'd guess not as long as you get it properly setup to ensure no DET...

But then is it worth it??
any increase in boost usually means an increase in octane rating is required to make the same amount of power.you can increase the boost but would PROB have to retard the timing to run it on unleaded so negating the increase in boost.

you would be surprised how much power/boost/advance you can achieve with optimax fuel but it all depends on the engine management ecu and prob more importantly,the mapping.

gtirmouse

thanks for the replys, sorry i didnt mean normal unleaded i meant normal super unleaded instead of optimax/ultimate :) cheers guys

JU5TY

Super Unleaded is fine as its 97RON like BP Ultimate. My local Q8's super is 98RON.

But I still stick to Optimax. :D

gtirmouse

yer i 'll keep to optimax but was for future ref just incase i get caught short somewhere, and petrol has gone up about 5p a litre in the last couple of days(government cnuts) i heard they take 62p out of the 83p per litre sold, in tax (and its going up again with the budget) theyre gonna have 2 cut the tax on it soon other wise the the strikes will start again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!