fuel tank

gtir_pimp

today i drove my R about 2miles to my mums house and stopped for 2mins. went to start the car and it fired up and died after 2 seconds. turned the ignition and couldnt hear the fuel pump so checked the plugs on top of the tank and there was petrol filled to the brim in that little bit where the plugs are:shock: .
mopped it up and tightened the jubilee clip up that was loose on the pipe the pewtrol was leaking from.
drove another 7-8 miles to my mates house and i can smell petrol so had another look and more petrol had appeared!
the pipe had a split so we replaced it, started it up, let it idle for 5mins and all was fine. i asked my mate to sit in the back and check for leaks while i drove up the road. the pipes were fine but perol appeared around the plugs again! so is there a seal around the plugs or am in need of a new tank? anyone experienced anything like this? any info appreciated as petrol is getting wasted:cry: and it drinks enough as it is!!!!
walboro was fitted 8 months ago so nothing had been fiddled with!
oh and it gets worse when flooring it and going round corners fast!
:thumbsup:

gtir_pimp

the big black ring seems to be fine and like i say the tank has not been touched since the walboro was fitted 8 months ago.
any other ideas people ?

SIR GTIR

It's more than likely the seal beneth the locking ring unless the pipes got a crack in it and it's spraying out of that