Fuel surge

N

N1SMO

Any body know of a good way to combat fuel surge i cant throw it into any corners under half a tank of fuel and i am fed up going to petrol stations every day.

I know that i could fit a small tank in the boot or engine bay with a second pump but dont like the time bomb idea.

its happened ever since i put the walbro pump and larger injectors in, the pump pickup is as low in the tank as i can get.

oldaneal

Hi did you use the std pickup pipe or the one that came with the pump think most people reuse the std because of that problem

N

N1SMO

no i did not have the standard pickup as i replaced a bosch bottom feed, but i did extend the walbro pickup with some tube to take it to the bottom of the tank.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is the pump securely mounted and not free to move around under cornering? I think it must be a pick up problem,try varying the length of the pick up and see if it changes anything. Failing that you could have a dodgy connection somewhere that's shorting out under hard cornering.

O

Olly

I'd double check your Pick up or get of a GTi-R one and use that, unlikely to be anything else if you say the concern happens when below half a tank of fuel chap 8)

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

i fitted a walboro pump with the supplied pickup about a month ago now and i have never noticed anything like this at all even when there is about an 1/8th of a tank in there. does this tend to be a common problem :?: