fuel pressure regulator

mattytappy

Hi guys and gals....bought one of these a few weeks ago from the states and have now fitted it ans it looks quite a reasonable quaility item for the money ans is working well...and running ok......but i need help in the fact that im not sure what to set the fuel pressure at or too as i have at the moment a mines ecu withe standard injectors and maf,turbo,with a walbro 255....what should the preasure be at standard and do you think i should increase it to run the mines ecu at 1.1....1.2 bar...?or leave it at the standard preasure or just knock it up a fraction to make sure there is enough fuel for the turbo preasure im running at?

mattytappy

thanks mark...have played around with it a bit tweaking it up and down to see what happens with a quick blip on the throttle and sort off got it to a point were it stopped popping and banging underload and not puffing loads of black smoke but just out of interest one of the pipes that run of off the vacum pipes as mine leads to a three way splitter(before you ask) already vents to the atmostfier...is this correct as one looks like it leads to the behind the inlet manifold somewhere and one just vents is this normal?

stumo

deleted as the question was already answered.

you shouldn't have any pipes that "just vents".

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

mattytappy said:
but just out of interest one of the pipes that run of off the vacum pipes as mine leads to a three way splitter(before you ask) already vents to the atmostfier...is this correct as one looks like it leads to the behind the inlet manifold somewhere and one just vents is this normal?
So theres a vacuum pipe that just goes nowhere? Off the top of my head there should be a pipe coming from the back of the plenum then it splits 2 ways. 1 end goes to the fuel pressure regulator and the other goes to the sensor for the standard boost gauge thats mounted near the pass side strut ;-)

Are you saying you've been tweaking the pressure up and down to adjust the fuelling? :shock: If so then i'd leave well alone ;-)

mattytappy

lol.:lol: ....not been messing with it loads....only it was idling fast after i fitted it so i looked at the pressure and it was idling at 60 psi so i brought it back down a touch.....and yes basically i have a pipe the runs to nothing...ceartainly doesnt run to the passenger side....will check that out tommorow sharpish....what problems will not having this pipe connected cause as its been venting to the air as long as ive had the car:doh: and i only noticed it when fitting the regulator the other day as it has been tucked away behind all the other unessacery gubbinge thats hanging around in that part of the engine...ie tucked up behind the countless support bars for the now redundent top mount?

P

pulsarboby

all those vacuum pipes should either be connected somewhere or blanked, definately not open as youll draw air in to the inlet and it will booger everything up! ie idling, dv, aftermarket boost gauge and it will run like a bucket of pooh, even the wastegate may not operate properly as youll be losing vacuum pressure

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

if you cant see where it goes then put a bolt in the end with a bit of silicone round it, then at least it will then be sealed to atmosphere.

antgtir

By the sounds of things, this vacuum pipe is the one that attaches to the rear underside of the TMIC. Having this disconnected will allow the turbo to run unlimited boost.

Just out of interest does the turbo scream when you full throttle the R? If so then i would assume its running unlimited boost and most likely not fuelling correctly for that type of pressure, leading to nice melted pistons.

Take a photo of the pipe in question in place in your engine bay and im sure between us we can establish what it is and were it should go.

Ant.