Fuel Pressure regulator

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I had my car mapped by RC yesterday and there is a problem with my fuel pressure afer 1.2Bar. Might be pump, voltage or FPR.

I'm not bothered about bling or gauges and saw a few around the £50 mark on E-Bay (SARD, JDM, Greddy).

Was just going to buy one and get it fitted for the sake of it.

Anyone any opinons on which is easiest to fit?

Any non bling alternatives as I'm not bothered about adjusting the fuel pressure either.

I tried to do a serach but the search engine always seems to come up with 500 options.

Cheers,
Jim

Edited: That's 1.2Bar on a 3071R circa 350hp to keep things in perspective. Target 1.8Bar and 430hp

Last edited:
O

Odin

There all easy to fit you muppet lol, I'm using a Sard type RJ myself.

Rob

stumo

who you callin fool, fool? :doh:

you gotta use a screwdriver, so they really are hard to fit. fool.:yawn:

O

Odin

stumo said:
who you callin fool, fool? :doh:

you gotta use a screwdriver, so they really are hard to fit. fool.:yawn:

You could be right there mate ;-) We are talking about Jim here :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

stumo

exactly. :thumbsup:

Jim'll be askin bout the 1 Bar mod next

(you know he's foolin with all this 1.28 bar stuff don't ya?:hail: )

O

Odin

stumo said:
exactly. :thumbsup:

Small be askin bout the 1 Bar mod next

(you know he's fooling with all this 1.28 bar stuff don't ya?:hail: )

Just whatever you do don't for the love of god ask him about suspension settings :shock: :doh: , I'd rather listen to the jehovah witnesses :shock: :yawn: .

Rob ;-)

PS only joshing jimmy :thumbsup:

ashills

nismo is easiest fit as it bolts to original rail etc where as a sard is mounted away from rail and a new adapter is needed for end of rail

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Jim

Plenty of people are still using the standard FPR on more power than that. Stu is still using the OEM one at 1.7 bar on that turbo.

I have an FSE one, fitted at the momet (not the Power Boosy Valve one) and am gonig back to my standard one as I think it's mucking things up.

Steve

Studlife

ashills said:
nismo is easiest fit as it bolts to original rail etc where as a sard is mounted away from rail and a new adapter is needed for end of rail
Where do i find the Nismo one

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Thanks for the offer Stu and all the advice gents (Oh and the verbal abuse Rob ;-) ).

When I meant simple, I meant direct replacement. Thank you to some for interpreting correctly :D

Steve, I think it was FSE I had at the back of my mind but your experience has put me off.

The nismo option sounds interesting and I'll get a price from Nissan about a new OE one too.

Thanks again for all your thoughts,

Jim

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Decided just to keep it simple and buy one of these:

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=120_121_184&products_id=913&PHPSESSID=af127fce3bf624b05b0af3d127869264

I like this because it is (should be) a direct fit and its Nissan so if I'm still getting fuel problems it can only be the pump. I went adjustable rather than fixed as RC Developments say that is what they like using to tune cars so that's what they can have. Its overkill for what I need but so is 430hp!!

Thanks for all your help and ideas (and abuse!! :D )

Jim