Fuel Pressure Reg

R

riske

I need one. Can anybody steer me in the right direction? best makes etc

Much love thankyou Goodnite

GTIR-LOZ

sard type rj dont forget to get the adapter for the fuel rail and its worth getting a gauge fitted to read the pressure either get the kit that screws into the rj or get a seperate gauge and fit it inline

yer don't buy a cheap one off ebay lol.
I thought the standard reg was fine for up to 500bhp some1 told me on here once?

R

riske

Need to up my pressure up to 4 bar to get to the bhp i want. Standard one wont do this will it?

R

riske

Really? So if i up the pressure to 4 bar on standard injectors i will need a better pump? I'm trying to get round buying 550cc injectors, apparently i can just up the pressure to 4 bar on standard injecs and itll be the same????

R

riske

Yeah he just updated it. Yeah will just do that then. And also get him to fit them. easy

would you need a re-map then if you use different injectors?
Out of interest mate, what is it your wanting to do with urs? what sort of power you after and what mods you allready got? id be interested 2 know how u get on as all this is a learning curve for me lol
cheers

Trip

I heard that injectors don't really like having 4bar of fuel pressuring them. Humans quit their job under pressure, and you wouldn't want your injectors to quit their job while boosting at high RPM do you ?

gtir_pimp

who told you to get the fuel press reg? carl at motorworx? if so then get it and forget the injectors as hes the one that will be rolling roading it whilest steve will be mapping, and between them they will get good results. different tuners do things different ways so go with the way that your guys tell you. another tuner (frankenstein motorsport) told me to get a fuel press reg for my R. they have a good reputation. have a look on sumopowers website for one. carl advised me to get a sard one too

P

pulsarboby

i have to disagree with the above, although this tuning thing isnt my game lol.
upping the fuel pressure works but it is a cheat! imo you would be better to fit the correct sized injectors for the job in hand and run them at the appropriate pressure.

dont know whether your getting your wires crossed here caner, but this is what steve told me when mapping my car, and i ended up binning the adjustable pressure regulator i had fitted and going back to standard which is good to run nigh on 2 bar of boost 'proven on many cars, and i could have ran 2 bar on my own car with it' and thats much more boost than you are ever likely to run!

im not saying this to flog you a set of injectors, but relaying things which i have learnt the hard way.
do the job properly and fit the bigger injectors, but if im correct and you only want to run 1.2 bar boost then the standard stuff should be fine at that level unless you have a problem with
a) either a worn fuel pump
b)worn or sticky injectors
c) a faulty existing fuel pressure regulator, which may not be holding the pressure!

R

riske

I know it is a cheat way but also the cheap way. It was going to be a tempory thing until i got the full set up with injectors etc. I only set about to see where to go for a good reg. Bobby has a few good sets of injectors which i may well go for because they are the same price as a good reg. I understand fully and this thread wasnt trying to get around the fact that i need bigger injectors. Sorry guys for the miconception but it wasnt a permenatn bodge only a tempory cost effective way... much love

R

riske

The odd miing out of an s i fine... like what i did there<?

Anyway i didnt ask for advice on injectors over fuel pressure reg because i already knew which was the proper way. I didn't see that Bobby had the injectors at the time. But thank you for the advice!! What is this HKS fuel computer you speak of my friend? As i now need advice on what else goes alongside my injectors. Cheers