Fuel Light

faz

How many of you have actually seen your fuel light coming on?

I didnt think mines worked till I found myself in the middle of nowhere and my fuel gauge needle was pretty much touching the top of the E :D:D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have. It seems to come on abit randomly at times tho. I'll be driving along with 1/4 tank then 10secs later the light is on and the gauge has gone down on me:shock:

P

Pete

mine does work and i agree with carl it can come on abit to soon somtimes:-D :-D

paz

Fast Guy said:
I have. It seems to come on abit randomly at times tho. I'll be driving along with 1/4 tank then 10secs later the light is on and the gauge has gone down on me:shock:
Thats because you put your foot down once ;)

Paz

G

GTI-R Kid

Fast Guy said:
and the gauge has gone down on me:shock:
Oooooohhhhh - saucy!:lol:

We got so used to seeing ours that we even gave it a name - Pedro the Petrol light.:lol:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I've had it past the "E" mark before, not something I’d like to do again, however the light wasn’t on - weird!!!

JAMMA

Dont think ive ever seen a petrol light come on in my r before, and ive had the needle past the E too

KF79GTIR

when i get my r back on the road i am gonna test it & keep can of petrol in my car and see how long it will last i allways thought mine didnt work until now

dobby

mine has never worked. the bulb is a good one as i have checked. i have wondered if you change the fuel pump does it stop the light coming on.

kirko

dobby said:
mine has never worked. the bulb is a good one as i have checked. i have wondered if you change the fuel pump does it stop the light coming on.
changing the pump does not affect it;-) i have a wallbro and mine comes on like fastguys:? anywhere from under a quarter full and below

turbodaily

GTI-R Kid said:
Oooooohhhhh - saucy!:lol:

We got so used to seeing ours that we even gave it a name - Pedro the Petrol light.:lol:
:lol: :lol: :roll: :der:

yeah mine seems to come on abit random when im on 1/4 tank:?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
How many miles or litres of fuel do we have when (if ever) the light does come on? *based on off boost driving?

warringtonjack

Iirc, the petrol light is supposed to come on with 3litres left. So, assuming 20mpg, you've got about 14miles to find the magic yellow seashell!!!! :roll: :thumbsup:

Equation: Less than 1/4 tank + really heavy left hand bend = petrol light coming on!!! :lol: