fuel filter

A

Anonymous

just changed my fuel filter after 15,000kms..

it was SO dirty.. I shook it around and pieces of black gunk came out!! :shock:

anyone else noticed this?? I'm going to change it every 10,000kms from now on.. I imagine this would be bad?!

A

Anonymous

Yeah mine was the same, the fule filter is one of those onomous components that people forget to change.

The guy who did mine said it was a good idea to change it regularly as the R has the tendancy to gunk up the fuel system quite easily, not sure why though.

I have noticed my R runs considerably crapper when its below a quater of a tank.

Dan

A

Anonymous

is it true that if u have abs you have to get the filter with a 90 degree bend in it from nissan to clear the abs gear and not the one without the bend in it, or can you fit either when you have abs...
thanks luke...

A

Anonymous

I have ABS, and mine has a bend in it, but I wasn't aware there were different kinds.

I can't remember being asked whether I had ABS when I bought it

Dan

MarkTurbo

I've had my R a year now and i'm on my 3rd fuel filter.
I always cut the old one open before i throw them away and every one has been full of crap after a few months.
Whenever the car starts to feel like its holding back at around 6,000 revs i just change the filter.
Must have alot of crap in my tank i reckon.

G

GTI-R Kid

I don't think theres a different kind of fuel filter for the non-abs GTI-R. Mine has abs - and when i went to my local garage for a new filter they never asked if i had abs or not.