Fuel Consumption

izmo

Hi folks

how would you compare the fuel consumption of a GTi-R with 300bhp over a Golf R32 (3.2) 240bhp

O

Odin

izmo said:
Hi folks

how would you compare the fuel consumption of a GTi-R with 300bhp over a Golf R32 (3.2) 240bhp

A standard R is supposed to 21mpg on the urban cycle, Or 35mpg at 56mph, Not sure about a 300 bhp car because I've never measured it properly.

But I'm sure you can work it out.

Rob

gtirx2

I don't know about the golf as i don't have one but my R is proberbly around 300 horse atm on a good day and i get about 17-18mpg on average.

Braveheart

I get between 24 - 26 mpg. About 230-250 miles to a tank of fuel.
That's sensable road driving.
On the track, I get between 11 - 13 mpg. So it just depends how you are driving the car.

DanDud

If i do 60 on the motorway i average 20mpg with 330bhp. Otherwise its between 10 and 15 on fast road driving and on track.

lakeview

even a standard gtir is worse than a golf r32,i used to average about 15 in the gtir and i think about 25 in my brothers r32

gtir bean

£20 gets me 100 miles normal day to day driving with a normal ish 1bar set up.not bad for the performance you have on tap if you ask me.

C

cybermorph

why do you ask?
i get about 15mpg out of my car with 330bhp.
"if you cant feed the horses...dont buy them"

M

micra man

[
i
"if you cant feed the horses...dont buy them"[/quote]

lol :lol: :lol: class:thumbsup:

A

another sunny

will the close ratio box make it much worse?mine averages 130miles on a full tank?

O

Odin

another sunny said:
will the close ratio box make it much worse?mine averages 130miles on a full tank?

My old R with the close ratio box only did around 90 miles to a full tank :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

A

another sunny

so i should be pleases then?Why does this not sound good?