fuel comp/guage

zia

does any one know if you can get aftermarket gauge/computor for fuel preferabally that show lbs per fuel/ or litre per hour used.i just what to do some fuel effeincy question.

zia

A

Anonymous

I've personnally never heard of such a devise.

What I suggest you do to find out the MPG on average is to....

Fill the tank up with 98Ron Optimax, and zero your mileage counter.
Drive around for approx a week, not on boost, until your fuel light comes on.....this means you've got about 20 miles left in that tank (approx going by 20 MPG)........check the the mileage counter before filling up again.

Add other 20 miles on to the mileage covered to get how much milage you can get out of a full tank......

To get MPG just divide that milage by 11 (as the GTIR holds 11 gallons).

My example........200 miles + 20 = 220 divide by 11 = 20 MPG.

Don't do this of you intend to drive hard and on boost, beacus eyou will get fuel surges etc...not good.....oh and it's also not good for the injectors letting fuel get too low.

Didn't really asnwer your question....but MPG related...

P

purplemonster

there is an easier way than that

fill ur tank up .drive 100 miles then refill it up

keep ur recipts and work out exactly how much fuel u have used to do 100 miles

it mught cost another £19 etc to fill it up hence keep your reicpts and work it out,will be more accurate i think

ROBERT

zia

what am trying to find is the engine exact bsf. not what the car will do with full tank on certain milage or use.just exactly what the engine is consuming so that you can work out how fuel efficient it is as regards too fuell /per bhp.

zia