FUEL CAP RELEASE

A

Anonymous

Went to fill up today, pressed my little release button got out the car went to open it and it was still shut, couldnt really get it open so used my credit card to prise it, anyway it opened and a little metal clip popped out, i tried fitting it back but i just cant see where or how it goes back, any ideas a pic would be great cheers

P.S dont fancy getting stuck without fuel over these lovely days off :oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Which little metal clip? I gather there should be a bit on the panel you open and shut, but mine had nothing on it bar the attatchment for said piece and it worked fine. What I did have happen though, was a little metal threaded ring holding the plunger in place came off. The plunger it then tries and goes back into the boot so the flap won't shut.
I ordered some new bits from nissan and it was all ok. The metal ring was replaced with a plastic one. I also got the (plastic)bit to go in the flap, but it didn't fit.

D

daBOODA

I too have this problem (People keep telling me that my fuel flap is open.... GRR!). I had a look inside and there's no way to stick the latch back on. I feared that I had lost some sort of clip.

So Nissan should have a replacement clip for this? I'll give my local Nissan dealer a call about it.

Cheers guys.

A

AZ STE

There is a small black clip on the right hand side of the fuel filler which is just pushed in. This when shut fastens the plastic lock to it, by bending this clip it can make it easier to open / shut

B

Brett G

mine's never worked! I've had to prize it every time with a plastic card :oops:

A

Anonymous

got it sorted, the litle metal bracket fits behind the hinge to give the cap its spring when released, best to take the flap off to do this (only 2 screws)

D

daBOODA

MattyB93K said:
got it sorted, the litle metal bracket fits behind the hinge to give the cap its spring when released, best to take the flap off to do this (only 2 screws)
Hang on, are you talking about the wire operated bolt that holds the flap closed?

A

Anonymous

no it was the little u shape metal piece which sits behind the hinge, it gives the flap its spring when the latch is released