Fuel/boost cut maybe?

B

bean

I was having problems with my R recently, the knock sensor was cutting in all the time and retarding the ignition badly, resulting in it having less power than a Diesel Fiesta :shock:

I've now gone back to the original mapped ECU but I've set the ECU to read the base map as opposed to the map on the daughter board.

Car runs much smoother now but I'm getting some sorta fuel/boost cut if I boot it...

I'm running 10psi boost as a precaution for the time being.

ECU diagnostics show all clear now...

Any ideas? :?

Car is getting a full service/check over/setup at Powerstation next week anyway.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What rpm or boost pressure are you getting the cut at? Does it stay cut until you turn off and back on? What does it do at the cut, lower boost, limit rpm, just die on you?

B

bean

I can't say at what rpm this occurs as my rev counter is working properly, I've only got boost at 10psi but I don't think it's rpm dependant.

It feels like fuel is being cut, it only happens momentarily and is fine after I've backed off for a second.

B

bean

The knock sensor has started cutting in again this morning, wasn't doing it last night!!! :x

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you aren't able to rev over 2500, you're going into safe mode. Do an ecu code check and see if it puts the det sensor up. Time to change it maybe?

B

bean

Fast Guy said:
If you aren't able to rev over 2500, you're going into safe mode. Do an ecu code check and see if it puts the det sensor up. Time to change it maybe?
Yeah, done the ECU checks and it comes up det sensor but I was hoping it was a wiring fault instead cos it looks a right bitch to change the sensor itself! :x

The car is booked in at Powerstation, I hope they can fix this.

G

GTI-R Kid

Anyone have a price or part number for the det sensor?

B

bean

I've just got back from Powerstation, had a major service and they stuck the car on the rollers to try work out what's wrong with it.

After a small amount of investigation they found the rotor arm didn't fit properly, the screw did it up tight but it wasn't tight on the shaft. That'd be my local bloody Nissan supplier giving me wrong parts again! :evil:

Very satisfied with Powerstation.

Also bought some camber bolts for when I get my suspension setup properly. 8)