Frount mount oil cooler

Jonesy

I'm going to be fitting a front mount oil cooler tommorow, not had a look at the standard oil cooler yet, but has anyone removed it once they have fitted an uprated one.
Cheers

Jonesy

I was hoping on removing it, i take it you need blanking plugs for blanking off where the old pipe work comes from, just wondering if someone's done it for thread sizes etc.

Braveheart

I'd leave it fitted.
Also, if you do remove it, you may need to link the pipes together rather than blank them off.

Jonesy

Ok cheers, just thought i would check if anyone else had removed it, just thought there wasn't much point in leaving it there if it wasn't needed anymore. That was what i wasn't sure about if it would cause problems with oil flow if it was removed.

Jonesy

I know just thought the frount mount would be enough on its own. If its water cooled removing it may decrease water temps ? probably wouldnt be noticeable though, probably looking to far into this now :lol:, just leave it where it is i think :?

Braveheart

Jonesy said:
I know just thought the frount mount would be enough on its own. If its water cooled removing it may decrease water temps ? probably wouldnt be noticeable though, probably looking to far into this now :lol:, just leave it where it is i think :?
Leave the question open for now and see if any of the old school and shed some light on the subject.;-)

O

Odin

It can be removed, Stumo removed his.

The reason I kept mine is that as well as cooling it helps get the oil up to temp quicker as the hot water will heat the oil, Plus if the car gets very hot it will remove heat from the water system and pass it through you front mounted cooler.

Rob

Jonesy

Never thought about it that way, heating the oil up quicker. Think ill just leave it on then.
Cheers
Unless anyone else has got more ideas