front washers

daz

front washers have packed up back one works checked fuse its ok. but my question is if its the motor thats gone are they easy to fit or is it a complete washer bottle ?? anyone else had a problem with this ?? going to check the connections on the motor in the morning could just be water or a dodgy connection

geetee

Could always be the switch of course.

Put a multimeter across the connections to the motor whilst a mate pulls your stalk :shock:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

daz

oh er lol ill prob get my mate to do it tomorrow although i dont think it will be the switch as the wipers go when you do it just no water lol. done this b4 and messed about with the connections on the pumps and it seemed to work again so that kinda points me in that direction ?? anyone know which is which ie front and rear??

antgtir

They are easy enough to fit / change just have to remove the inner wing i.e. the plastic under the arch.

I know on some cars there is just one motor that works both front and rear washers, not sure on the R whether there is one or two motors :?

If you fiddled around with it before and its worked again then it could always be a faulty connection on the motor and not the motor packed in.

Ant.

daz

there are actually two motors on the r checked mine and turned out the connections were just ditched all is fine again :D:D

H

heaven is a gtir (bry)

On mine the front pump with the black pipe is the front washers. The other is the back with the clear pipe. :D

Not that i have a wash bottle there any more. :lol:

Bry :D