Front plate

S

stomski

want to change the size of my front plate to a smaller 1, keep it on the front, not move to the side, but does any1 know of a good site where i can order 1 from? like that of a bikes plate (keeping to laws etc) :wink:

cheers! :D

Boooooost

I got my adhesive plate from "craigs plates" cant remember the website address but he makes up whatever you want just puts a sticker on the back saying for show use only, so its up to you if you use it on the road. His tel No. is 07774636540. Other than that try a factors. :D

JIMMYBACK

fil_gtir said:
If you mean biker plates as in the legal size for bikes, then they are legal for import vehicle as per the dvla website.

I have quite a small one on the front of mine, about 6mm smaller than biker plates, and have been pulled twice and got away with it twice. The cops dont seem to know that imported vehicles can have smaller plates than normal cars.

Phil
where did u hear that if u can point that out to me ill gonna be p1ssed wiv the local CUNTstablery :evil: :evil:

fil_gtir

just edited with link here it is again:
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm#import

On another note, when i did get the pulled the copper said he was gonna give me a ticket to take to a mot station when i had changed them, however my dad is an mot tester, and it states clearly the only requirement for an mot is be able to read at a distance and same sized characters throughout, which it is on both counts, therefore i wouldnt need to change anything at all.

He also made me laugh when he said the back one is fine, but the front is TOTALLY illegal, until I pointed out that the plates are identical except the blank white bits on the front one have been cut off.

He was not aware of this law, or his superiors. He said he would research it and get back to me, but needless to say I never heard off them again about it.

Phil

A

Anonymous

JIMMYBACK B said:
biker plates will get u pulled n a fine :shock: i know first hand
My local copper suggested i get a bike plate put on my old pulsar, this was when i got pulled for having a tiny plate on the front :roll:

P

PaddyPower

sHOULD BE ABLE TO DO YOU ONE IN A WEEK OR TWO WHEN I GET MY ORDER OF PLATE BLANKS IN AFTER THE CRIMBO POST SORTS ITS SELF OUT.

S

stomski

gtir303 said:
this is my plate

thats the 1 im thinkin of mate :wink:

are you allowed it that colour for road use though? :wink:

nice and shiney 8) 8)

P

PaddyPower

stomski have you got any pics that show the mud flaps. Are they the sparco ones? Not sure weather to whack a set on mine?

Nad

Small number plates are only allowed on imports if there isnt the space to fit a standard sized one. Therefore the requirement for a standard sized numberplate applies to most imports, it has been discussed on MLR and 5-0 website.

Nad

As far as the law is concerned yes, although I remember having trouble fitting a full size plate to the rear. I think its the case of not taking the piss, slightly smaller u may get away with but too small and ur gonna get pulled.

Think u can get away with square plates on imports(dont quote me) and specs cameras at last look couldnt read them. Not sure about stick on number plates either, my mate (copper) say as long as it can be read from front of vehicle at 60yds its ok, others would argue.

fil_gtir

however
i have recently been up in court for plates got off with my front one
rearranged to read S 16v SP.
my argument was my evo is a import, all evo s are except 8s.
therefore the import rules apply
64mmx46mm character with 10mm spacing between characters and no mention of plate size, line formats, or anything else.

i won that one

lost my argument on rear as i had a italic font,((DOH)) but luvin the old perry mason,,
This is from the Lancer Register.

P

PaddyPower

I am sure someone on here sells custom made number plates :?: :idea: :roll:

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/