front end

davey red.r

had a full set of gabs fittes the other day,im pleased with them,the car hasnt had the camber adjusted as im having a full set of powerflex bushes fitted in a month,and i dont want to get the camber and alligment done now, thought it would be wiser to get the camber and alignent done then,to save paying twice,
thing is the front end of my car is very light on the steering, to what it was before and pulling to the right:?
feels like i have no control, and not confident with it at all ,its very like my old rs turbo custom, when the boost came in the lightness of the torque steer,just the r is doing it off boost,im assuming its probably due to not being set up correctly, yet still confused as to how much lighter the power steering feels, and the front end,any suspension boffins got any ideas?

many thanks

davey;-)

youngsyp

That light steering sensation you're feeling is because the toe alignment is out. The pulling to the right just highlights it.

Just get that sorted at a garage (£25 ish) and drive it sedately until you get the full bush kit fitted. Then get a full 4 wheel alignment done, to whatever specs you want.

Sounds like your castor angles have changed too, if the steerings lighter ?! Did they remove the wishbones ?

Paul

davey red.r

cheers paul, no he didnt take the wishbones off, he is sound, and a well respected r mechanic ,and friend, he suggested not to get it set up until i had the bushes fitted,
but its my day to day car, dont think i can live with it like this for a month:lol:
think i will take your advice and get it done £25,aint that bad.

thanks
davey;-)

johnsy

alright davey,seen ya motor outside steve's today..
seen you roll past mine earlier tonight ,as you went past my lass says to me is that thunder!LOL

davey red.r

yes it was thunder, but the noise she will be refering to is the mongoose:oops: it has to go,getting a custom made pipe soon,seen your r outside yours a few times, its looking good, how low have you got it ?looks 40mm to me, and your wheels look the biz too.

davey;-)

johnsy

think it is 40, as for wheels there down to last owner !

id prefer summit smaller and light weight for the strip and general accelaration of the line .

iv got so much i wanna do to it but no cash ,

johnsy

long way off changing wheels fella there where only 600 quid new and have seen better days there B.K racing eclipse 205/40/17 if you wanna look em up!

davey red.r

tbh,im after down sizing to 16s,not be for a while though,if i go ahead with the super white respray, i fancy those 16 black team dynamics on fleabay,£499 think they will look v good with white ,like yourself that is a while away yet:cry:

davey