Front end click

Goose_Oki

What would cause a front end click under braking just prior to stopping? Comes from both sides independently and isn't always both happening. As in the left, right, or both will click and it isn't consistent. Only clicks once under braking, not under idling, coasting, or slowing with the clutch in/out. Doesn't seem to matter if I've driven 5 feet or 500 miles. There's no hum or other noises while turning or driving.

It's got me perplexed.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Check the wishbone mounts. - It could be something like the wishbone is shifting in one of the bushes, or twisting slightly in one of the mounts.
So you ever get another click as you accelerate again?

Another source of odd clicks under braking is a loose hub nut; I've had that one. I though the wheel bearings were shot, but it turned out all I needed was to retorque the hub nuts and the problem went away.

The chances are that it does make noises when you're at speed, you just can't hear them like you can when you're braking.

BMCC

I had a strange knocking noise which drove me nuts. Finally tracked it down thanks to Warpspeed as the door pins. Greased them up and it was gone. It is a long shot but worth a go for a bit of spray grease!