front bumper removal tips??

Y

YODI

Any clues as to how it comes off??
Havent even tried yet just wanted to know the easiest way.

Cheers, Yodi

geetee

1 screw behind each front inner arch.

and silly plastic clip things in the centre at the front. I ended up destroying these taking mine off.

Otherwise fairly simple

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

E

Edd

Undo one screw in each of the arches that hold the corner of bumper on.

Then just keep yanking the bumper till it comes off :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

ps. you will think that the bumper will snap and doesn't want to come off, but persevere and keep pulling :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Shaun

:D 2 bolts under each wheelarch,look under the engine either side of the bumper and you will see some plastic dirt sheilds(think they are held on with 10mm bolts)take these off,and you will see a couple of bolts that hold the large round tube that runs along the front of the car,either side of these are the bolts that hold the bumperskin and bumper bar on :!:

Davey

2 bolts under each wheelarch,look under the engine either side of the bumper and you will see some plastic dirt sheilds(think they are held on with 10mm bolts)take these off,and you will see a couple of bolts that hold the large round tube that runs along the front of the car,either side of these are the bolts that hold the bumperskin and bumper bar on
I think thats the proper way to take it off, but when has anyone on this site ever done anything properly :shock: :wink:

geetee

I wish I'd known that.... must be far easier to take it off still attached to the bumper bar. :(

Oh well. I'll know next time.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

geetee

You b'stard. Took me about half a day to wrench it away from those stoopid plastic clips I didn't know you don't have to remove...... :evil:

There I was trying to pry them out without fookin them... then I lost my temper after 4 hours and just pulled the g1t off :shock:

Now I hear - oh just do the bummer bar from behind (nuf said :shock: ) and it falls away.

Git
Git
Git

Oh well.... deep breath and carry on...

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

NB One day I'll learn to weld tin foil and fix clockwork springs - then I can be a responsible Datsun owner.

:evil:

bollox

E

Edd

YODI said:
Thanks guys, go it off properly in 15 minutes :D
you need more practice, got mine off in 2 minutes :twisted: :twisted:

and bin that aircon, that's why nissan gave us electric windows :p

Y

YODI

by the time you jack it up etc etc took me 15 :D

Aircon is being binned, bumper is getting sprayed, oil catch tank already fitted, intercooler getting polished, rims getting refurbed dashboard to go back in, clutch pedal to get repaired etc etc

Got my work cut out:D

Y

YODI

you do to get the external wastegate and complete manifold off, change the discs, pads and brake lines which I also forgot off my list lol

:D