Fraud Alert!!!

Mark_GTiR

Just a quick reminder as I know this has been covered before but watch out for this scam... had nothing but e-mails since my car went in the trader... :roll: :roll:

MILLY SMITH milly.smith1@btinternet.com

Hello,
I'm Milly.I am interested in your[CAR]and I'll like to know your last offering price and to see the pics or to know the condition if it will be okay with me.I'll be making my payment with a bank draft .If you do I
want you to get in touch with me immediately for me to proceed with the Payment. As for the shipping I'll contact a shipping agent of mine who will arranged for the Pick up as soon as the transaction is sealed up.
Thanks and Have a Nice day.
Regards
Milly.
N;B
IF YOU INTEND TO MAIL ME BACK REMEMBER TO MAIL ME WITH YOUR LAST
OFFERING PRICE SO THAT I CAN MAIL YOU BACK.
I did play it on for a bit... even told her I was running ten bar of boost! :lol: :lol: :lol: But she was still determined... till I said I'd reported her to the police :wink:

Hello Mark Salmon,
Thanks for the mail,i will like to tell you that i am okay with the price and the condition i will like you to understand that i have my own shipping agent who will come for the pick up of 1990 NISSAN PULSAR GTiR ,So My mode of payment will be bank draft who is going to issue out on behalf of my client who is owning me and he as agreed to pay me back, so i will offer the 1990 NISSAN PULSAR GTiR £4,750 and My client is owning me £8,500 I will intruct them to issue out the bank draft to you as soon as you get the payment deposite it into your account it will take 2 to 3 days to clear immediatelly it get clear deduct your's which is £4,750 and get the remaining fund wired to my shipping company which they will make the arrangement for the pickup cos immediatel they get the funds they will make some paper's with document and come for the pickup the next day hope you understand the situatuion so i will be looking for this information so that the check can be
issue out to you.
YOUR FULL NAME...........
YOUR ADDRESS ....
PHONE NUMBER........
COUNTRY...........
STATE...........
CITY......
ZIPCODE...................
So i will be looking to your quick response so that
we can make the transaction to be fast.
Stay safe!
Mark

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Wow.... From a BT internet account... Not the usual dodgy foriegn ones...

Rishi

Mark_GTiR

AVH_25 said:
Your cars in the trader mark ? :roll: why ?

Aimee
Have a look at my for sale thread!! It says in there.

Had some bad luck with the new job I was going to in that it was a complete lie about the role I'd applied for and got.. so I walked...

and yeah Rishi - I thought it was odd coming from a BT address... I did ask her that in one of my replies but I got bored of winding her up.

Mark

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Your new job did seem to good to be true.....oh no, im so sorry mate! It wasnt with Nu was it :lol: :lol:. Good luck! :cry:

Aimee

Mark_GTiR

With a stroke of luck my old place heard and head hunted me back...

I started back yesterday so I'm getting back in to the swing of things already.

Think the R still has to go though.. :cry:

I'll be back after I've bought a house!!

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Good luck though! You'll never be able to get a mint blue R like that again :cry: . What does your missus say about you selling your car? I bet she's glad lol!

H980 Pulsarkid

I had exactly the same when I was looking to buy a motorbike earlier this year, if you ask me bike trader and alike should really be watching out for the obviuos. Ok they state on their website "the latest fraud attempts etc" but come on it's blo.dy obvious when you have a 2005 motobike up for £1,900. or alike. I contacted the fella and played along with it and then e-mailed met police after he had given me address details etc. The fcuker could hardly talk english either.

wasters. :evil:

Mark_GTiR

AVH_25 said:
Good luck though! You'll never be able to get a mint blue R like that again :cry: . What does your missus say about you selling your car? I bet she's glad lol!
I know - I'm gutted about it but deep down it probably is the better thing to do.

Things might take a turn for the better... we'll see.

...and yeah - Sarah is over the moon!! :lol: :lol:

No doubt I'll still drag her to the meets though!! Even after the R goes!

Mark

A

AJ4

I always wondered if there was some way of fecking these people over, some legal thing where you could accept the money into your acount and then immediately move it out again to somewhere that would make it legally yours and non-refundable.

That would be funny :lol:

ram5ay

Does this scam not work because the transfer looks like it clears, but actually "bounces" after you have wired the remainder of the cash to them, so you end up 4k ish out of pocket? How cant you just withdraw the cash yourself like AJ4 sais, then ignore them?? would they bother persuing it when they are totally dodgy themselves??? :?

Mark_GTiR

ram5ay said:
Does this scam not work because the transfer looks like it clears, but actually "bounces" after you have wired the remainder of the cash to them, so you end up 4k ish out of pocket? How cant you just withdraw the cash yourself like AJ4 sais, then ignore them?? would they bother persuing it when they are totally dodgy themselves??? :?
I'd rather not be a test pilot for your suggestion but would take my hat off to anyone that would!!! :lol:

A

AJ4

Would be interesting experiment... wait till they send you the cash, take it out the bank so you have it in your hand.. and then do nothing :D

If you don't wire them the refund, I don't see what they can do about it. They can't cancel the transfer cause you already have the cash, if they make a big fuss then you just pay them the money back ( minus a small, ahem, handling fee ). What they gonna do, go to the Police and complain ? :D

Must be some catch in it somewhere, that would be too easy. They probably insist you send them the 'refund' before they send you the cash or something, but who's going to fall for that one ? :?

c20ona

ram5ay said:
Doing this would make you a party to the fraud. The bank would bounce the chq and leave you £££ overdrawn. Your supposed to leave the funds (chq's) until there completely clear. Wouldn't try it like.
Good news is 9/10 we catch these bast'ds in the end (mainly Nigerian funnily enough).

Kenny