FPR Hosing

M

markwashington

Hi Guys, I'm going to swap my non standard FPR for a standard unit as the one I've got has given up the ghost, does anyone know the hose sizes I'll need to buy for a standard one, looking at the one I've got at the moment It seems like the hoses are a different size to standard?

As you might be able to guess I've never done anything like this before :doh:, but I'm a firm believer in doing something for yourself and then taking it to someone who knows what they're doing to fix the mess you've made :-D.

Thanks for your help, theres a picture of the engine bay on my R profile if someone wants to look at it, I just can't work out how to post the picture again :der:.

Empty Pockets

Take the standard fpr or fuel filter to a motorfactors/autolec mate and they'll sort you out, you'll definitely get the right size that way.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Failing that, hydraulics shops will have all the piping you might need.

I regular walk into mine with bits of kit hose and a rough spec. They then supply the correct hose and clips for a few quid.

Specify fuel hose and replace the clips and it will be fine. Chnage all your fuel hoses in the with about 1m and a few more jubilee clips.

M

markwashington

Thanks guys, I'll try my local motor factors tomorrow, hopefully they should be able to sort me out.

skiddusmarkus

I bought a metre of 8mm bore fuel hose yesterday for £4 and its fits fine.Thats more than enough to replace the short pieces used on the fpr.