Forge front mount

bopper

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D My front mount has just arrived £620 including vat and post and packaging, not to shabby. cant wait to fit the baby :-D :-D :-D :-D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Hope you've got an angle grinder for that bumper brace bar. and cut it to match the opening in the front bumper not the width of the front mount:whistle: also a jigsaw for the front bumper cut out.
I think at least one person has fitted it without cutting the front bumper out, but you'll have to search for that one as I've frgot who it was.
Give yourself a couple of days taking it steady. You could probably get it done in 1day at a push, but I didn't rush to do mine.

EVOBAD

hybrid

Fast Guy said:
Hope you've got an angle grinder for that bumper brace bar. and cut it to match the opening in the front bumper not the width of the front mount:whistle: also a jigsaw for the front bumper cut out.
I think at least one person has fitted it without cutting the front bumper out, but you'll have to search for that one as I've frgot who it was.
Give yourself a couple of days taking it steady. You could probably get it done in 1day at a push, but I didn't rush to do mine.
should of got a HYBRID its half the price8)

G

GTI-R Kid

I think Celm (American owner with an Ivory car) managed to fit the forge kit without hacking up his bumper or bumper bar. Think he had his air-con removed (or it never existed) and thus was able to mount the cooler back a few inches. Looked very stealth.

I'm sure there's a pic in the owners car's section of the forums.