Forge Dump valve

C

caz

Right just fitted me Forge DV that Edd sold me :p

It came with the green spring in it. This is the softest spring out of all the ones he sent me so I thought I swop it for the yellow one, coz I'd heard this sounded nice. But it ain't as loud as I thought, so my qustion is can you have probs with running if you don't match the spring rate to your boost level. Running about 0.8 when I just tested it, but when it gets RR'd I'm gonna have the boost at 0.9. So will the green spring be ok for this :?

Oh and EDD, whats the 3 silver discs for :oops:

E

Edd

lol i never worked out what the sliver discs are for :oops:

i think :roll: you put them under the spring to make the spring a bit shorter and hence affect the sound :?
The spring fitted in it i was running at 1 bar and it was really loud 8) :lol: :eek:

i tried fitting blue and yellow and they weren't any louder :cry:

C

caz

Sweet mate. I'll put it back in. I take it the bottle top think is the bung, and I can swop it for my hp sauce bottle top :oops:

The 3 discs have different size holes in em :?

E

Edd

lol i never used the discs and it worked fine :? must do summit but never had any instructions to say what

yeh the cap should replace your hp bottle top :roll:

geetee

Don't think I got any discs with my Forge DV :(

I want some - even if I don't know what they are for!! :lol:

I thought the spring colours / rates were to fine tune the DV to your boost pressure - rather than change the sound.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

J

J-GTi-R

Be aware that you can put the same DV on two cars running the same boost and have pretty much the same mods but yet it'll sound completely different. Don't ask me why, but it's frustrating to say the least of you get a crap sound...

geetee

The single piston Bailey DV I had b4 the Forge one was much louder :(

However, the Forge gives a quicker dump - so I guess that's more the point isn't it?

Cheers
GeeTee

S

Sunny Nutter

my forge DV squeels before it psssts's now at 1.2 bar!
it sounds like the skyline in 2F2F 8)

S

stomski

i ordered the yellow spring from forge and its b!oody loud :D :twisted:

ive also attached a couple of ties to ease away from underneath the cooler just so you can hear it that little bit more!