Fookin intake manifold !!

A

AJ4

Took my intake mani off at the weekend with the engine in, what a bloody job that was ! I got so fed up in the end that I ended up just cutting a load of hoses and ripping the thing out :oops: :lol:

No doubt some smartass is going to tell me its an easy job and it only took them two minutes :lol:

Sorry, just wanted to share my misery with you :(

antgtir

I take it then that the exhaust is the least of your problems at the mo then:shock:

I took mine off with one hands tied behind my back, blind folded and only using my mouth as a tool for taking the nuts off etc, oh and it only took me 30 seconds:roll: :lol: :lol:

Finish date Ross?

Ant.;-)

A

AJ4

its 'being done'. Just fitting the second set of injector mounts and fuel rails:D

Fazz

AJ4 - Can second that motion!!! Surely one of the most bollocking jobs along with gearbox!

As a side note, make sure you get genuine nissan gaskets for the bugger.

Mine got diff ones and fit perfect, but blowing after no miles virtually.
So the engine builders now taking the bugger off and putting on proper gasket!

Happy days.

R's were not really made for ease of life were they... and I thought the japs were nice fella's.... :)

MarkTurbo

AJ4 said:
No doubt some smartass is going to tell me its an easy job and it only took them two minutes :lol:
:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Not quite 2 mins :lol: I managed to get it off in 25 mins when i swapped my manifold gasket over the other day ;-) But thats with no support brackets and when i put it back on last time i made sure all the clips were put back on so they'd be easy to get off next time, although theres still a couple pipes that are a right pain in the ar5e :doh:

kirko

i got mine off in about 25 mins too but im not looking forward to putting it back on
there was hoses and pipes and wires everywhere:?

A

AJ4

lets just say it was a one way operation, no way could I put it back on again ( unless I replaced all the hoses that I hacked off with a pair of tin snips :lol: ).

got loads of room now, can get the inlet manifold back on and off in under 5 mins now all that emmision and idle crap is in the bin 8)

Nigell_d6

AJ4 said:
got loads of room now, can get the inlet manifold back on and off in under 5 mins now all that emmision and idle crap is in the bin 8)
and so will your supercharger be if me welds dont hold

:lol:

Regards

nigel

P

pulsarboby

heres a little tip, when you refit it, take the existing pipes off and get some new ones but make them longer! especially the one in the middle of the manifold as its really tight to get on and you cant get your hands in at it, it makes the job a lot easier, unless of course youve got little nip hands which are double jointed!