Fog light

T

Trent

hey all its nearly m.o.t time and i need to fit a rear fog light as mine "fell off" a while back.:lol:
i've got a few options with this, so i just wondered what you all think.;-)

(1) re-fit the halfords tat that came on it,:evil:

(2) flush mount one (or 2) into the bumper,:?

(3) convert the offside reversing light into a fog:)

(4) re-wire the side/brake lights with a relay so that when the fog light is on the two inner side/brake lights become the fog lights, and the outer side/brake lights work as normal. when the fog is off they will all work as normal.:-D

I've checked with my m.o.t centre and the last two options are perfectly legal, as long as i use an illuminated switch on the dash

any other suggestions would be very much appreciated:thumbsup:

Matt

O

Odin

I'm thinking about this myself at the moment , I wouldn't use one of my rear brake lights. But I spotted a nice one fitted flush to the bumper on a Nissan X-trail so I think I'll give them a call on Monday for a price ;-) .

Rob

T

Trent

Thunder God said:
I'm thinking about this myself at the moment , I wouldn't use one of my rear brake lights. But I spotted a nice one fitted flush to the bumper on a Nissan X-trail so I think I'll give them a call on Monday for a price ;-) .

Rob
i quite fancy the side light conversion now that i have thought about it, might look into that flush fit one tho! :lol: would you have just the offside one, or a pair rob??

T

Trent

this is all i could drag up from google search for an x-trail bumper mounted fog, is this the one??

paz

I've just got one in one of my reverse lights. The lad that did it for me knocked it up in five minutes, so it must be pretty easy if you know your stuff.

Paz

O

Odin

Trent said:
this is all i could drag up from google search for an x-trail bumper mounted fog, is this the one??

Yes but the new 06 x-track has a better one from what I could see following it down the road ;-) .

rob