Fmic

turbazz

am looking for a Fmic in the near future...could anyone recommend one which allows the A/C to remain.

if thats worth doing or not i dont know but if it is which one to go for...?

Buckym120

My pace kit allows for the a/c to remain in place, just needs the bumper support bar to be cut Down to allow for fitting

Mr B

If running moderate power & do not get stuck in a lot of slow traffic/cues then good condition top mount works very well. Flow rate on standard intercooler is very good. Sticking with standard will save you money & retain car value to some degree. ARC top mount is nice if ever find one at sensible money ...

P

pulsarboby

as above
if your after a radtec kit or pace i will have both for sale this week
pm me if interested

P

pulsarboby

no youll find the genuine arc topmount has 14 bars where as a standrd topmount has 24 cooling bars.
the ones on the arc are twice as thick as standard

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
i think mine is ARC...or it might be just a sticker lol how can i be sure?
If it does turn-out to be an ARC I'd suggest sticking with that.

Unless you're chasing power the ARC is definitely better than a standard top-mount, and arguably better than some of the cheap front mounts.
If you do want to swap to a front-mount, for better engine access as an example, you can recoup some of the cost by selling the ARC; I don't know that they are highly sort-after, but they are certainly worth more than a standard intercooler.

This is an ARC:

This is standard:

Ignore the pipework; it's and example of a conversion from top- to front-mounted.

turbazz

I got happy with the sticker damn THE fool who stuck it!

right back to my orignal Qs which fmic :roll:

Last edited:

Mr B

Pace done 2 versions, the one with larger IC & mandrel pipes looked a better effort than the one with lobster tigged pipes & smaller IC. Pipe run is better on pace than cheaper kits. Forge IC is good quality but implementation of the pipework was a pathetic effort. For lowish power & low traffic road use & some track I like the ARC .

Mr B

New kit from pace is not cheap ... Comes with alloy rad & slim fans which is how they manage better mounting position & shorter pipe runs. I would have a word with pulsarboby first & see what prices he wants for used kits he has ...