floorpan modification

dobby

A couple of months or more ago I was talking to Phil aka Bracpan and we discussed the fact that the bulge under the drivers seat is there purely for the cat. Alot of people have removed the cat and for me the exhaust aswell. I want to drop the seat even more and I just want to know if it is a simple case of cut out the bulge and weld in a normal profile and then weld in seat mounting bars. I am also thinking about a rollcage as the car is pretty quick now.

Any thoughts.

Mark

Tim

This is done alot in other cars and moving forward it is something i want to do with mine.

As far as i know, it's just a case of cutting out and then replacing with flat panel, once that's done bars from new tunnel to sill.

antgtir

It may be worth adding in a couple of strengthening features in the new floorpan design i.e. the ripples you find in the footwells. It may be beneficial structurally to incorporate these into the re-design.

Could do with lowering my seating position but dont particularly need to go to this length of modification. Good luck with the re-design.

Ant.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Hasn't VSS Irvine done something like this? - I'm sure I saw a post from him where he said he'd cut a section of the tunnel out so that he could get his seat flat on the floor with normal rails on it.