Flapping fans (now with head in footwell pics...)

CruiseGTi-R

My interior fan makes me laugh. You turn it on to 1 or 2 and the fan makes a flapping noise (fan blades sound like they’re hitting something). Turn it up to 3 and 4 and the flapping noise goes, and you can then turn it back down to 1 or 2 with no noise.

If your passenger gets out the car and closes the door, it jogs the fan and the flapping noise starts again – whack it up to 3,4 to get rid of it again :roll: .

What is it? What do I need to replace? Is it dash out?

Cheers, toby

J

justin666

Had the same thing with mine :D Tis a funny one tho as I used to find myself laughing at it aswell :lol: :lol:

I found the problem to be with the pipework that provides heat to ya feet in the front. If you dive in under the dash to where the ECU sits you will find a plastic pipe that directs the heat. Its the one you normally have to remove to get the ECU out. If this pipe isnt replaced propely then you get the flappy noise!!!! Just remove the pipe work, refit it ensuring its all in place securly and jobs a goodun :D Dont know why or how it fixes it but it does :D

J.

J

justin666

CruiseGTi-R said:
Nice one fella.

Always look forward to being upside down in the footwell :cry:
All part of pulsar ownership :D :lol: Lost count how many times ive been stuck upside down under the dash now!! My neck muscles are commin on a treat :D :D

All you need to do is whip off the plastic side trim in the drivers side footwell to expose the ECU and you can just pull the plasic heater pipe off and then refit :D

J.

paz

:lol: I think I get this too, its never bothered me enough to do anything about it tbh :lol:

Paz

antgtir

I dont get this prob, but i have been upside down under the dash taking the ECU out lol, although i didnt have to remove the heater director tube. :?

Ant.

P.s. Paz sort it out you lazy git lol. :p

Hill_Billy

i get this aswell... almost sounds like the fan is trying to start the fucking engine....lol

just turn it up then back down and its fine....

all i can say to this pic is WTF is going on here??? LOL

CruiseGTi-R

I told him he has to re-route the boost vac pipe and secure the ECU or I'm never taking him out in the R again.

Works a treat :D