fitting whiteline springs

nismoboy

ive started to fit my whiteline lowering springs and im using the thiner shorter springs for the rear and the thicker longer ones for the front, is this right?
Ive got the rear shocks off and im having trouble with the new springs, ive tightened the top hat down the same as the standard shock which was as far as the thread will go and the spring still seems loose? is this supposed to be like this? or what am i doing wrong? any help would be much appreciated. cheers nis.

Keira

the fronts should stay put, the rears are abit different, i've managed to change rears just by pushing down on the top of the mount, dont even need spring clamps the lowered ones are that much shorter

boucherie

i have heard tales of people using cable ties to make sure that the springs dont pop out when you go over a bump or anything, but im not sure if that will affect the MOT or not?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The chances are uprated and lowered springs will be loose on the rears (they were on my last fwd car) and I just tie wrapped them in place, that meant drilling a couple of small holes in the spring seat and top mount for the tie wrap to go through. I did that because I was told it's an mot failure if the spring unseats when the car is jacked up. (not had that confirmed by an mot guy tho)