Fitting & Setting SAFC-2

Matt Evans

I currently have an SAFC-1 fitted and am about to fit my SAFC-2, and I've noticed that the wiring diagrams for both units are different even though they are both labelled as diagram 'N3-a'. I am aware that there is a Knock sensor on the SAFC-2 but whats confusing me is that the ground wire is stated to be in a different place?

Should I wire my SAFC-2 into the same ground wire as my SAFC-1 was, or into the one that it says on the diagram?

Matt Evans

Yes I know about the knock sensor, its not that thats bothering me, its the fact that the ground wire is in a different place to the one on the SAFC-1. Surely the ground wire should go to the same place on the ecu for both units?

Matt Evans

Thanks for the link dude, but I already have all that information. All I need to know is, why are two diagrams of the same ecu showing the ground wire in different places? Do I need to wire the ground for the SAFC-2 to the exact place that it tells me, or would it be o.k. to wire it to where my SAFC-1 ground wire was?

It doesn't explain in the instructions why the two units are grounded at different points on the ecu, or whether it really makes a difference or not. :?

Matt Evans

O.k. the SAFC-2 is now fitted. :D

Now for the settings. I know it needs setting up properly, but until then, what settings should I put in?

I already have all the manuals that tell you how to do it, but they don't tell you exactly what settings to put in. Could someone with the same spec car as me, tell me what their SAFC settings are?

My engine spec-

Full Goose
Standard top mount I/C
Apexi induction filter
Walbro fuel pump
NGK Iridium IX heat range 8 spark plugs
Magnecor 8.5mm ign. leads
Manual boost control (set 1bar)
Apexi SAFC-2 (obviously :oops: )

rayman75

when i had mine fitted the guy just set it to a 4cylinder engine, and set the maf to HW-5, basically default setting. then i got it mapped on monday and i have noticed a huge difference really.